The mass media have a role in achieving independence, peace and stability, worthy representation of national values in any form. It is the media that in the most sensitive periods warn people against the public impulse and create a certain opinion among society. In winter, in connection with the role of the media in the 30 years of independence, I had a conversation with Sang Gulzod, head of the Department of Television and Radio Broadcasting of the Faculty of Journalism of the Tajik National University, who will exert ttpressure.
– Today we are on the eve of the Independence day, tell me, what have the mass media planned on the way to achieving independence and strengthening independence?
— During the period of independence, the entire process of gaining independence and developing our statehood was reflected, analyzed and developed through the media. That is, it is impossible to imagine the path of state independence of Tajikistan without the activities of the media. The activity of the media is the discovery of society and its mirror. Because it will show the storms of society. If we look at the activities of the media from a different point of view, we see that our path to independence is reflected with all its achievements in the mirror of the media. On the other hand, independence made it possible for the Tajik media to gain the most valuable human right-freedom of speech and freedom of speech. Before the period of independence, the entire system of media activity in the republic determined the party structure. Independence allowed regulating the system of media activities by law and legislation in the field of journalism. That is, the first step was to achieve a democratic and legal society. The first democratic law of Tajikistan is related to the activities of the mass media.
He also noted that in the cities and districts of the region there is a great potential and wide opportunities for processing vegetables and fruits, as well as packaging dried fruits. What do you think about this?
– The media as a mirror reflect all the important events of society — At the beginning of independence, which we stumbled, the media bypassed this problem in such a way that it turned into the flame of civil war. At this stage, journalists did not directly participate in the war, they did not send someone on a hunt for weapons or hostility. But along with this, their activities were put in such a way that they did not exist. Some words did not speak better, it was necessary to work because of patience and endurance, they were considered not group and local interests, but public interests. Fire-fighting oil was exposed to some journalists. However, in general, this does not mean that all Tajik journalists should wage a civil war in flames.
At that time, there were also mass media that always advocated the strengthening of statehood, peace and unity, calm and stability of society. Journalists also played a creative role in showing the civil war and the way to achieve independence. There were journalists who explained to people the good and creative purpose of the government and at the same time the future of our statehood. It was these media, especially at that time, that occupied television, did what the people did not neutralize their decision to achieve a peaceful life, strengthen independence and the fate of national statehood. This should recognize the efforts of journalists.
– To what extent can the media contribute to strengthening the foundations of statehood ?
After 1994 – 1995, the domestic media, based on the creative policy of the Leader of the Nation, the respected Emomali Rahmon, served to increase national self-awareness and self-knowledge. The first condition for strengthening the statehood was self-knowledge and national consciousness. The mass media have become a worthy service on the way of the society’s entry into this day. To see today, up to the 40-year-old generation, our national values are better and higher than the older generation. This is an extremely important role of the media in these processes of developing good-neighborliness. Along with the fact that the school and the family are trained and brought up, in this direction today, people are aware of their national values through the media and what this purpose is in the future.
– How secure is the information space of Tajikistan today?
— In journalism, the word is very important, as they say, who says it and why it says it. It is very important. If we compare, at the beginning of independence, we had at least 140 coincidences, but today their number is more than 500 kilometers. Over the past few years, we have witnessed an unprecedented development of radio and television broadcasting. There is not a year when a new network is not launched. This is the result of the attention of the leadership of the state and the government of the country, especially the Founder of Peace and National Unity – the Leader of the Nation, the President of the Republic of Tajikistan, the respected Emomali Rahmon to the activities of the media.
But now the term information warfare has appeared. We are no longer talking about fighting and information competition to each other. It was attended by heads of state structures, as well as a number of experts. In this heat of the fighting, the role of the media is very great. Because the giants are the ones who are interested, through the media and the Internet, train communities for transformation and negative changes.
Therefore, the Tajik media in their activities should first take into account the interests of the state and the nation and society, and then in this case we will delve into the problem and the essence of the speech being expressed. The reporter’s word was supposed to lead people to the right path and justice. Because our long-term literature shows that our people believe in speech and honor speech. Therefore, when journalists speak, they should understand the same responsibility.
– You have told us about the information wars here. Where do the Tajik media work so successfully in information wars?
— When we talk about information warfare, people understand the dissemination of information through the mass media. But the information war is very much a sail, one of the methods is the use of mass media. The mass media also play a vital role in society, including in order to influence people’s thinking. Every word that the media says puts people’s minds under its influence. Therefore, we must understand that such an excuse affects people’s minds, how and what kind of memory. Today, various mass media operate in the information space of the country. This is all based on freedom of expression and the legal framework prepared by Tajikistan for its activities. For this reason, when there is a favorable atmosphere for activity, the media can have resistance in information wars. We should know that today our society is not the society of the first years of independence, but a reasonable society that is different from the white one cannot be the pride of history.
– What was the basis for the development of Tajik journalism ?
— First of all, the activity of the media in Tajikistan has reached a qualitatively new level. Because all segments of society, from children to the older generation, representatives of various professions have access to their relevant news. You see, during the period of independence, children have several media, magazines and television for themselves, young people have access to some peculiar publications. It was thanks to independence that all the media began to develop. If a journalist was trained at a higher school, today 9 educational institutions will train a journalist. All this testifies to the rise of domestic journalism and the values of the journalist profession during the period of independence.
– What is the fundamental difference between journalism of the Soviet era and the period of independence?
– The difference is that in Soviet times, all the media acted on the instructions and instructions of one party. But today, journalistic activity is determined by legislation, which is very important. In Soviet times, he wanted to condemn a journalist for one word, but today only a court can do this. This is a sign that the society of Tajikistan is law-abiding. In Soviet times, our journalists had no right to write about national values and be proud of the past. The publisher of ” education and culture“, who sought to revive our national holiday — Navruz, faced a problem, or correspondence work in the publication” Soviet Tajikistan ” (“Jumhuriyat” of today) published an article about the Tajik name and faced numerous tragedies. But today the government is interested in the fact that the population of the country still becomes richer and self-conscious, has the national and cultural values of their ancestors, which is a sign of the differences in journalism of the Soviet and today’s era.
– At the end of the conversation, tell the glorious people of the country about your 30th anniversary of independence?
– I congratulate all residents of Tajikistan on the 30th anniversary of independence. Our family always thrives when peace and unity are constantly covered throughout the country, and journalists should be creative.
Materials from the site www.nansmit.tj taken.
Leave a Reply